Sat, Dec 21|
7148 Marbury Ct
End of the Year Celebration
Achievable Tutoring Family Potluck
Time & Location
Dec 21, 2019, 6:00 PM
7148 Marbury Ct, 7148 Marbury Ct, District Heights, MD 20747, USA
About the event
Join us on December 21, 2019 to celebrate our blessings of the year with a meal. Many of our students/parents have not met, and we would like to use this time to bring everyone together. Feel free to bring your favorite dish. Please RSVP by 12/15/219.
White elephant gift exhchange (optional)
$10 item for kids gift
$15 item for adult gift
A White Elephant Gift Exchange is a popular Christmas event where people vie to walk away with the best present. It also goes by Yankee Swap, Dirty Santa, and a plethora of other names. The White Elephant game is played by a lot of different rulesets – some dead simple and others confusingly elaborate. Here are the basic rules:
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool
The gift exchange organizer should provide information on what type of gift people should bring.
2. Players draw numbers to determine what order they will go in
Alternatively, someone can draw names from a hat, or the order can be set by the organizer prior to the event.
3. Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile
To make things easier, everyone should sit in the order in which they will take their turns.
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
Make sure everyone can see the gift!
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
*Once an item is stolen, you cannot steal it back. An item may only be stolen 3 times max.