Mon, Sep 25|
International Spy Museum
Let's start the school year out with a little excitement!!!
Time & Location
Sep 25, 2023, 9:45 AM
Washington, 700 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
About the event
We're so excited to kick off the school year with our first field trip to the International Spy Museum.
A few things to note for the trip:
- It is imperative to arrive on time to allow for smooth and timely entrance.
- Strollers are welcome for the field trip.
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum in the permanent exhibition. To stay hydrated on your mission, bottled water is welcome (along with baby bottles).
- Spies under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- To succeed on your mission, we encourage the use of baby slings or backpacks as an alternative to strollers. Please note large strollers are not permitted in the exhibit. Strollers are stored in the Lobby Cloak Room before entering the permanent exhibition.
- Good spies travel lightly, please limit the number and size of the items you bring. A limited number of free storage lockers are available on a first come, first served basis. Large items, such as luggage, are not permitted in the permanent exhibition.
- Non-flash photography is allowed during your exhibition surveillance (unless specifically noted in the exhibition). Commercial photography and videography must be approved in advance by our Communications staff.
Spies of all ages are welcome! Although the Museum’s primary audience is ages 9 and older, we know that younger children can have a really fun and fulfilling experience at the Museum with a bit of support. Check out our Family Highlights Tour and More Tips for Parents.
The Spy Museum general exhibition is a self-guided experience. The Museum displays close to 1,000 artifacts on two floors in 25,000 square feet of space. Interpretative copy, videos and more bring the artifacts and real spy stories to life. Guest may also choose to do over two dozen digital and physical interactives. Some of the interactives are part of the optional Undercover Mission. Staff and volunteers are on post throughout the exhibition to answer questions and help with your experience.
For additional activities in the area or ideas for lunch, please click: Local Area
The closest Metro station is L'Enfant Plaza (Green, Yellow, Orange, Blue, and Silver lines).
L’Enfant Plaza Metro has multiple exits. The closest exit to the Spy Museum is the L’Enfant Plaza Concourse/D St & 9th St exit. The only ADA Accessible exit with an elevator is the Maryland Ave & 7th St SW exit.
Directions from L’Enfant Plaza Concourse/D St & 9th St SW Exit:
Proceed to the L’Enfant Plaza Mall Concourse, take the L'Enfant Plaza Exit up the escalator to enter the L’Enfant Plaza food court. Enter the glass doors straight ahead to access the food court.
At the first hallway, when you reach Roti Mediterranean Grill, turn right.
Continue straight until you reach the Jamba Juice stand. You will see a large flight of stairs in front of you. Take the stairs up to the ground level and exit through the glass doors to your left once you reach the top. You have reached the back side of the Museum. Walk towards 10th street, SW to access the Museum's main lobby doors.
If an elevator is preferred, one is located in front of the Jamba Juice. Take it to the Plaza level. The Museum will be directly behind you when you exit from the elevator vestibule.
Directions from Maryland Ave & 7th St SW Exit:
For wheelchair accessible access, exit the L’Enfant Plaza station via the “elevator to street”, which brings you to the intersection of 7th & C Street.
Turn left as you exit the Metrorail elevator, heading north towards Independence Avenue SW and the National Mall.
Turn left onto Independence Avenue SW. You will be heading west and walk past the Hirshhorn Museum and the Smithsonian Arts and Industries Building.
Turn left onto L’Enfant Plaza SW, heading south.
The Spy Museum will be on your left.
Note: If you take this route you can also pick up the free Southwest Shuttle at its 7th street stop, directly across the street from the metro elevator you exit. Take the shuttle two stops to L’Enfant Plaza and you will get off across the street from SPY.PARKING
- Garage Parking is available at the L'Enfant Plaza Garage*. You can reserve a parking spot with Ace Parking Online Reservations or pay upon arrival. You may validate your parking ticket at SPY for a 20% weekday discount and 50% parking discount on weekends. Discounts not available for online parking reservations. NOTE: Parking validation available only during the Museum's regular business hours. Present your same-day receipt or ticket at the Spy Store checkout counter to have your parking ticket validated. *Note: The Garage is not part of the Spy Museum. It is located on lower 10th street. To access from the plaza level take the ramp going south on upper 10th street. Once underground, make a U-turn to access northbound lower 10th. Follow signs that say "To All Parking Areas." The Parking Garage entrance will be on your right. ACE parking staff will have you park close to the elevator for the south 490 L’Enfant Plaza building. Please note, the garage has limited spaces for large vehicles that are over 6 feet high. There are other parking garages within walking distance of the Museum. Once you have entered the garage, you may park on level G2 (red) or G1 (blue). Park in the Zone B of either level (lettered zones are noted on the columns and walls of the garage). Enter Building 490 Elevator lobby. Press the Plaza level button. Once you have exited the elevator on the plaza level, the street exit is to your left and you will see the back (east side) of the Spy Museum building. You will walk on the left (south) side of the Museum to reach the Museum's lobby. The main entrance is on 10th street.
- Street parking is limited, please read signs carefully for parking hours and permit restrictions.
- Valet Parking is available at the Hilton Washington DC National Mall, located just behind the Museum. Daily parking rate is $22.00 for up to 4 hours and $30.00 for 4-8 hours. For inquiries and directions, please call 202-484-1000. Maximum allowable vehicle height is 6’.
- Accessible Parking The District of Columbia allows extended parking at any meter, along with specific "red-topped" handicapped parking meters (the closest red-topped meter is located on 10th Street, SW, south bound lane close to Independence Avenue). Metered parking is available on 10th Street, SW, near the Museum. The Ace L'Enfant Plaza parking garage also has handicapped parking.
As always, please feel free to reach out to Ms. Katie with any additional questions you may have, and we are looking forwars to exploring with all our spies!!
Child (0-6 yrs. old)
Children ages 6 and under are provided free admission.$0.00
International Spy Museum Entry
This ticket includes general admission and access to the free interactives provided throughout the museumFrom $8.00 to $10.00