Mon, Feb 20|
Join us as we explore sea life at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD.
Time & Location
Feb 20, 10:00 AM EST
Baltimore, 501 E Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA
About the event
We are so excited you will be joining us on our field trip to the National Aquarium!!! Please see important information below to help everything run smoothly:
Note: As there are a very limited number of chaperone tickets available, we are limiting the number of chaperone tickets to 1 parent per household. However, additional discounted parent tickets are available for purchase.
- It is pertinent that all chaperones arrive by 9:45am. The Aquarium staff will provide a final head count upon arrival and use this as the basis for issuing Chaperone stickers. Chaperones who arrive late will not be allowed free admission.
- Chaperones must stay with their students at all times.
- Please make sure that your chaperone sticker is on and visible to Aquariumstaff and students at all times.
- Chaperones are responsible for student behavior in all areas of the National Aquarium, including the gift shop and dining areas.
- For the safety of our animals, food, drinks, gum and balloons are not allowed in the Aquarium. You may purchase food and drinks in National Aquarium eateries, but all food and drinks must be consumed in designated areas before entering or reentering our exhibit spaces. The only exception to this policy is water which may be consumed throughout the building. (This does not apply to baby formula/bottles)
- $5.00-$7.00 lunch bags are available to purchase. If added, they will be distributed at the conclusion of the field trip. Lunch bags will include: a sandwich, chips, cookies, fruit, and a juice/water.
- If you prefer to grab lunch independently, there are several cafes and restaruants at/near the aquarium.
- If you and your students must leave the building and plan to re-enter, chaperones must get their hands stamped at any exit prior to leaving. Students will not be allowed to re-enter the Aquarium without a chaperone.
- Safety is of utmost importance: As there are many escalators in the facility, please pay special caution, especially with young children.
- Respect other guests at the Aquarium by prohibiting your group from tapping/banging on the glasses of the exhibits.
For parents of infants and young toddlers
Unfortunately, strollers are not permitted throghout the facility. There is a stroller check available at the entrance however. As space is limited, It is recommended that you utilize a carrier/sling instead of a stroller. There are changing stations available in all restrooms. Just another reminder, that formula/baby bottles are always allowed. Children under 4 are granted free entry. No need to reserve a ticket for the babies :-)
Chaperone to Student Ratio
Pre-K and K
1 adult per 5 students
Grades 1 – 6
1 adult per 6 students
Grades 7 – 12
1 adult per 10 students
1 adult per student
ENGAGE YOUR CHILD BEFORE THE TRIP
- Remind your child that it is great to ask questions.
- Ask your child to make predictions about what they may see at the Aquarium.
- Encourage them to practice being patient; if they are still and quiet, animals may venture out of hiding spaces where they will be easier to spot.
- Explore our website to help your child understand what to expect from their field trip experience. Many—but not all!—of the species on exhibit here are profiled at aqua.org/animals.
The National Aquarium has three official parking partners nearby—Harbor Park Garage, LAZ Inner Harbor Garage and Parkway Lockwood Place Garage. These garages offer discounted parking rates for National Aquarium guests and members. Guests and members must validate their parking ticket inside the Aquarium to receive the discount.
National Aquarium members receive the most generous parking discount at our partner garages. For information about the member parking discount, please visit the membership page.
There is an early-bird parking discount for those who park in these garages before 9 am, Monday through Friday. If you arrive before this time, we recommend you do not validate your parking ticket at the Aquarium, as that will override the early-bird parking discounts.
All three garages provide accessible parking spaces. Also, on-street parking is available with ADA-compliant meters.
Harbor Park Garage
Address: 55 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202 Distance from the National Aquarium: 0.3 miles
Aquarium general admission guests can reserve a spot in Harbor Park Garage online in advance.
LAZ Inner Harbor Garage
Address: 100 S. Gay St., Baltimore, MD 21202 Distance from the National Aquarium: 0.2 miles
Aquarium general admission guests can reserve a spot in LAZ Inner Harbor Garage online in advance.
Parkway Lockwood Place Garage
Address: 124 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202 Distance from the National Aquarium: 0.2 miles
Aquarium general admission guests can reserve a spot in Parkway Lockwood Place Garage online in advance.
Parking Discount Instructions
How to receive in-person parking discount at our partner garages:
- Enter the chosen garage by taking a ticket and parking. Be sure to bring the ticket with you into the Aquarium.
- Get your parking ticket validated at the end of your visit before you exit the Aquarium.
- Take the validated ticket to the parking garage lobby, and the automated machines will discount the parking based on your length of stay.
For general admission ticketholders, if you reserve your parking online in advance, the rate you are charged is the discounted Aquarium guest rate. For National Aquarium members, please do not reserve parking online in advance as we are then unable to provide the member discount.
As always, please feel free to reach out to Ms. Katie if there are any questions.
Aquarium: Grades Pre-K-K
This ticket allows for admission for Pre-K though K students for the Aquarium field trip. Parents, please do not reserve an extra ticket for yourself.
Aquarium: Grades 1-6
This ticket allows admission for 1st-6th grade students for the Aquarium field trip. Parents, please do not reserve an extra ticket for yourself.
Aquarium: Grades 7-12
This ticket allows admission for 7th-12 grade students for the Aquarium field trip. Parents, please do not reserve an extra ticket for yourself.
This allows for a chaperone to join the field trip. Due to the limited amount of tickets, we request only 1 chaperone per family reserve this ticket. Discounted tickets are available for any additional guests.
This ticket is available for any additional adult guests that would like to attend this field trip.
From $5.00 to $7.00
Each lunch bag will contain a sandwich, chips, fruit, cookies, and a beverage.
From $5.00 to $7.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal
Peanut Butter and Jelly
These options may be added to enhance your experience at the aquarium.Price optionPriceQuantityTotal